Shweta Pandit was born on 7th July 1986 (age 32) to Vishwaraj Pandit and Swarna Pandit. She is the grand-niece of Indian classical vocalist and Padma Vibhushan awardee, Pandit Jasraj. She was brought up in Mumbai Maharashtra, India. She has a brother Yash Pandit (Actor) and a sister Shraddha Pandit (Singer).
|Shweta Pandit with Mother|
|Shweta Pandit with sister Shraddha Pandit|
Shweta married Ivano Fucci, an Italian film producer on 25 July 2016 and they currently live between Mumbai, India and Rome, Italy.
|Shweta with Ivano Fucci|
Shweta Pandit is 5ft 5inches tall and weighs around 53Kg (116lbs). Her figure measurement are 34-25-34. She has brown eyes and hair.
|Shweta Pandit Appearance|
School & Career
Shweta Pandit was brought up in Mumbai. She completed her early education from Utpal Shanghvi School, Mumbai and did graduation from Mithibai College, Maharashtra. Being grand-niece of Pandit Jasraj, she started her training in the early days (when people play with toys, maybe she played with music instruments 🙂 ).
At the young age of 4, Shweta worked with Indian composer, Ilayaraja for the award-winning film Anjali, which was re-recorded in Hindi. She re-dubbed for the lead child in the film and also sang the songs in Hindi, making her one of the youngest singers in the Bollywood Music Industry. She also recorded for legendary tabla player Ustad Zakkir Hussain at the age of 9 for his first film as composer, Saaz.
She had her breakthrough with Yash Raj Film’s Mohabbatein (2000) with five songs at the age of 12. She was chosen to sing in the film after she auditioned for the final selection amongst several singers.
Her notable hits include “Ishq Khudai” Rudraksh (2003), “Halla Re” Neal ‘n’ Nikki (2005), “Chorre ki baatein” Fight Club (2006), “You’re my love” Partner (2007), “Tera Sarapa” Welcome (2007), “Bandhane Lagi” Naach (2005), “Jhini Jhini” Sarkar Raj (2008), “Raghupati Raghav” Satyagraha (2011), “Chadha de Rang” Yamla Pagla Deewana (2011), Thug le” Ladies vs Ricky Bahl (2011), “Madhubala” Mere Brother Ki Dulhan (2011), “Tere Hoke Rahenge” Raja Natwarlal (2014), “Heera” Highway (2014).
In 2011, Shweta collaborated with popular Punjabi singer and actor Harbhajan Mann for the song “Sun Mere Chann Mahiya“.
In 2012, Shweta was launched in the Tamil playback singing industry with a hatrick of releases for composer Yuvan Shankar Raja. Vettai, Billa II and Aadhi bhagavan getting her the finest reviews for her renditions and also winning awards for the same.
Shweta also appeared in many awards shows. Shweta hosted the Mirchi Music Awards (2016) with popular singer/host Sonu Nigam as well.
Shweta was invited on Indian Idol – Junior (2015) as a guest artist, singing with the young talents of India.
Shweta was roped in for Mirchi Music Awards (2017) to pay tribute to biggest Indian composer, AR Rahman for completing 25 years in the music industry.
She has appeared in many TV-ads. She featured in the Coca-cola (TVC) featuring Indian cricketer Gautam Gambhir. Her other commercials include Greelam laminates, praised her for her comic timing in the commercial.
Shweta Pandit has joined the long list of women in the Hindi film industry to name and shame their sexual harassers as part of the #MeToo movement raging across the country. She has shared a detailed account of an incident from 17 years ago when music composer Anu Malik allegedly made sexual advances towards her when she was 15 years old.
Shweta called Anu Malik a paedophile (who is sexually attracted to child), shared on Twitter on Wednesday.
Had to go back to my worst memory as a teenage girl today to write this and speak up – its now or never. This is my #MeToo and have to warn young girls about #AnuMalik & let you know your #TimesUp @IndiaMeToo
Thank you @sonamohapatra for speaking up about him & supporting this pic.twitter.com/e261pGQyEq— Shweta Pandit (@ShwetaPandit7) October 17, 2018
Favourite Musician(s): RD Burman, A.R. Rahman
Favourite Actor(s): Amitabh Bachchan, Dilip Kumar
Favourite Singer(s): Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Kishore Kumar, Mohammad Rafi
Favourite Music: Classical
- She comes from the Mewati Gharana Legacy. Shweta is the grand-niece of classical Indian vocalist, Pandit Jasraj.
- She was just 4 when she worked with Ilayaraja (Music Composer) for the award-winning film Anjali.
- In 1996, she participated in the singing reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa.
- She was just 12 when she sang 5 songs for the movie YRF’s movie “Mohabbatein” in 2000.
- She was very young when she made her name in the industry. She even got the chance to work with some Bollywood legends like Dev Anand and Lata Mangeshkar.
- Shweta Pandit (Right) with her sister and Lata Mangeshkar and Dev Anand in her childhood.
Shweta(right) with Lata Mangeshkar and Dev Anand
- She has sung songs in many movies like Naach (2004), Neal ‘n’ Nikki (2005), Karan Johar’s Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006), Anees Bazmee’s Welcome (2007), Partner (2007), and Ladies vs Ricky Bahl (2011).
- In 2010, she performed along with A.R. Rahman at the Nobel Peace Prize Concert in Norway. The event was organized by Hollywood stars, Denzel Washington and Anne Hathaway. The concert was attended by the King of Norway.
- She has also lent her voice in the Indian released version of the very popular Disney Film, High School Musical part 1 and 2.
- She has not just sung songs in Hindi but also in Telugu.