Deepak Chahar is a right arm medium pace bowler who was born on 7th August 1992 (26 years) to Lokendra Singh Chahar in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India. Lokendra Singh Chahar was retired from air force recently.
|Deepak with Sister and Father|
He also has a younger brother Rahul Chahar (cricketer) who plays for Rajasthan and for the Indian national Under 19 and Under 23 Team.
Deepak Chahar has a sister Malati Chahar who is a model, actress and Miss India 2014 finalist.
|Deepak with sister and brother|
According to media reports, he is not dating and currently focused on his career.
Deepak Chahar has a fit-flexible body and he is 5ft 11 inches (180cm) tall. He weighs over 75 Kg (165lbs). His chest size 40 inches, 30 inches waist and biceps are 14 inches with black colour eyes and hair.
|Deepak Physical Appearance|
School & Career
Deepak completed his education from his home town Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
Deepak played for Rajasthan Royals from 2011 to 2015. From 2016 to 2017 he played for Rising Pune Supergiant. He was picked up by Chennai Super Kings in 2018 IPL season, where he won his first IPL with them.
|Deepak with IPL trophy|
He is a useful Lower Order Hitting Batsman who is currently a part of Chennai Super Kings squad in the Indian Premier League(2018).
- In November 2010: Defeated Hyderabad by 21 runs, which is the lowest ever total in Indian domestic cricket.
- Ranji season 2010: At the age of 18, became the second highest wicket-taker (30 wickets at the average of 19.63).
- Took 8 wickets in his first-class debut against Hyderabad at Jaipur in 2010-11 Ranji Trophy season.
- He also Scored a 39*(20) which helped CSK win against KXIP in their last league game.
- He was sold in the auction for 80 lakhs in IPL 2018 .
In May 2018, he was named in India’s Twenty 20 International (T20I) squad for the series against England. He made his T20I debut for India on 8 July 2018. In his debut match against England he dismissed Jason Roy. He was also the second bowler after Siddarth Kaul to make his debut in this UK tour.
|Deepak Indian Cricket Team|
- He is a right-hand batsman and a medium pace bowler.
- He is a good swinger who can throw the ball at a speed of 140 km per hour.
- At the age of 10, his father brought him to Zila Cricket Academy in Jaipur and introduced him to his coach Navendu Tyagi.
- His father resigned his own job to pay full attention to Deepak’s cricket career and used to ride with him on a bike from Surat to Hanumangarh to make him practice six hours daily at the cricket academy of the town.
- He is a dog lover and has a labrador named Denzo.
Deepak with his dog Denzo
- In 2008, he was rejected to play in the state-level by the former director of Rajasthan Cricket Association Academy Greg Chappell who said that he couldn’t play cricket on a higher level.
- On 25 October 2010, his T20 debut was Rajasthan v Vidarbha at Jaipur.
- In November 2010, he made his first-class debut (Rajasthan v Hyderabad) at Jaipur.
- On 10 February 2010, he has made his List A debut (Rajasthan v Vidarbha) at Indore.
- He has grabbed 21 wickets in 4 under-19 matches (Cooch Behar Trophy and Vinoo Mankad trophy).
- In his 40 first-class matches, he has scored 883 runs at the average of 18.39 with 113 wickets (average- 36.44).