Sajid Khan was born on 23rd November 1971 (47 years) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, the son of former actor Kamran Khan and his wife Menaka Khan. He has one sister, Farah Khan, who is a choreographer, director, producer and filmmakers Farhan Akhtar and Zoya Akhtar are his maternal cousins.
|Sajid Khan family|
He is not married but there are lot of news about his list of girlfriends. He dated Jacqueline Fernandez for some time, though there are no news of their relationship and current status.
|Sajid Khan with Faran Khan|
Sajid Khan is 5ft 10inches (178cm) tall and weighs over 83Kg (191lbs). His body measurements are 42-36-12 inches. He has black colour eyes and hair. Sajid Khan hobbies are watching movies, Cracking jokes. Sajid Khan Caste not known (Muslim).
|Sajid Khan Physical Appearance|
School & Career
Sajid Khan completed his primary education from Maneckji Cooper School in Mumbai and then attended Mithibai College to complete his graduation. At age 16, while yet a college student, he started DJ-ing at various parties and social events.
Sajid Khan started his career as a host of the TV show Main Bhi Detective in 1995.
He then hosted a music countdown show Ikke Pe Ikka in 1996. The show entered the Limca Book of Records as the longest running countdown show to be aired on Indian television with the same host.
In Kehne Mein Kya Harz Hai he played triple roles, the show made 200 episodes which were aired from 1997-2001. He also did a stand-up comedy show Sajid No. 1 in the late 1990s. His next show was Super SaIe in 2005. In 2008, he hosted a talk our show Sajid’s Superstars and also judged India’s Got Talent season 2.
Along with Terrence Lewis and Shilpa Shetty, Khan also judged Nach Baliye Season 5 (2012–13) and Nach Baliye Season 6 (2013-14).
Sajid Khan started his directorial career with the movie Darna Zaroori Hai (2006), which had six short stories, in which he directed one story. He then directed Heyy Babyy (2007), his first full-length effort. This was followed by Housefull (2010) and Housefull 2 (2012), all three of which were successful.
This was followed by Himmatwala (2013), a critical and commercial failure. His next directorial venture was Humshakals (2014), which is generally ranked amongst the worst Indian films of all time by critics.
Khan acted in the movie Jhooth Bole Kauwa Kaate (1998). He also made a brief appearance in Main Hoon Na (2004), Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004) and Happy New Year (2014).
In October 2018, Sajid has been accused of sexual harassment by several female colleagues such as Saloni Chopra, Rachel White, Simran Suri and journalist Karishma Upadhyay through the “Me Too” Movement in India. He was heavily criticised by actors such as Akshay Kumar and Bipasha Basu after which he stepped down from the Directorship of Housefull 4. Sajid was eventually replaced by Farhad Samji, who co-directed Housefull 3, as director of Housefull 4.
Although Khan has stepped out from his upcoming film Housefull 4 as director, Priyanka Bose shared her story with MissMalini.com and said that Sajid Khan called her for an audition and a text from his assistant said ‘Should be comfortable in a bikini.” However, as per professional commitments, she did go to the audition with the required clothing. Sajid Khan tried to abuse her but she left from there.
Other notably controversies are:
- He said that he made Akshay Kumar get out of bad phase by giving him hit films like Housefull 1 & Housefull 2 and it is reported that Akshay wasn’t quite happy with Sajid’s statement.
- Before the release of his film “Himmatwala” in 2013, Sajid said that this film will be such a blockbuster that people won’t get tickets of the film for the first 3 days. He also claimed that this film will be biggest grosser till date of Ajay Devgn and 80% audience will clap & whistle on Ajay Devgn’s entry. But unfortunately, the film was one of the biggest flops.
- He said that actor Naseeruddin Shah has worked in C grade films.
- Director Ashutosh Gowariker & Sajid Khan had a verbal fight at the Star Screen Awards in 2009 when Ashutosh got angry because of the way Sajid joked about his film.
- Favourite Actor: Ajay Devgn.
- Favourite Filmmkars: Narendra Bedi, Ravi Tandon, Kovelamudi Raghavendra Rao, Brij Sadanah
- Favourite Films: Bollywood: Kunwara Baap (1974), Chori Mera Kaam (1975), Golmaal (1979), Himmatwala (1983). Hollywood: Duck Soup (1933), Half Ticket (1962), The Abyss (1989).
Thank you for reading this biography on CeleNote. You can read other biographies and TV shows from here.