Michael Benjamin Washington is an American actor and playwright known for his acting skill. Let us know about Michael Benjamin Washington’s biography profile and latest news here.
Michael Benjamin Washington was born on 7 June 1979 (age 43 years; as of 2021) in Dallas, Texas, USA. His performance in the plays, The Boys in the Band (2018) and Flies in the Mirror (2019) brought him into the limelight. Some of his popular web series includes Ratched (2020), The Boys in the Band (2020), and American Auto (2020).
Family & Ethnicity
Michael Benjamin Washington belongs to a black American family. His father was in the Army, as per the photo shared on his Instagram profile.
We didn’t found any details about his family on the web. However, he has a sister but her name is not known. We’ll update this section soon.
Michael Benjamin Washington is 6′ 1″ tall (1.85 in meter) and weighs around 68 Kg (149.6 lbs).
Height (approx.): 6′ 1″
Weight (approx.): 68 Kg or 149.6 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
We didn’t found any early education details of Michael Benjamin Washington. But we know that he did a Bachelor of Fine Arts with a Major in Drama and Minor in Journalism from NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts.
Michael Benjamin Washington started his acting career in 1998, at the age of 19. He made his New York debut as ‘Ted’ in the play, Saturday Night at Second Stage Theatre. He made his Broadway debut with the play, Mamma Mia! (2001) in the role of ‘Eddie.’
Washington has acted in many Broadway plays, including The Summer Bride, Funny Girl (2002), La Cage Aux Folles (2004), The Viz (2006), The Boys in the Band (2018), Call Me Madam (2019), Pride Plays (2019), and Flies in the Mirror (2019).
In 2004, he made his TV debut with the series, The Jury in the role of ‘Myles’ and has acted in many television series, such as Hope & Faith (2005), Law & Order (2009), 10 Things I Hate About You (2010), 30 Rock (2009-10), Wendall and Vinnie (2013), Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (2017), and Ratched (2020).
In 2010, he made his film debut with Love & Other Drugs in the role of ‘Richard.’
Michael has acted in many films including Open Books (2010), Save The Date (2014), Until the Wedding (2019), The Boys in the Band (2020), and American Auto (2020).
Michael Benjamin Washington won the Drama League Awards – 2020 – Distinguished Performance Award in Fires in the Mirror.
He also received the Outer Critics Circle Awards – 2020 – Outstanding Solo Performance Gold Star in Fires in the Mirror.
Michael Benjamin Washington’s net worth in 2021 is around $1.2 Million. He earns money through acting, plays & sponsors.
Net worth: $1.2 Million (as of 2021).
- Playwright: Harvey Fierstein
- Plays: ‘Torch Song Trilogy’ by Harvey Fierstein, ‘Six Degrees of Separation’ by John Guare
- Musical: Pippin by Bob Fosse and Roger O. Hirson
- Michael got his SAG-AFTRA (The Screen Actors Guild – American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) card when he was eleven years old.
- Michael is a presidential scholar in the arts. He serves as a National Reviewer and Masterclass Instructor for National YoungArts Foundation and is also a member of the Broadway Inspirational Voices.
- For his work in the play ‘Blueprints to Freedom: an ode to Bayard Rustin’ (2015), he was awarded San Diego Critics Circle Award for Outstanding New Play, and Outstanding Leading Actor in a Play.Michael Benjamin Washington with his San Diego Critics Circle Award
- Michael also received the Human Rights Campaign’s Visibility Award at St. Louis Dinner in 2019.
- He also served as the board of directors of Moonshine Project, an off-Broadway company, which is dedicated to developing new works by young artists.