Arjun Rampal was bron on 26th November 1972 (age 46 years) to in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India. He was born to Amarjeet Rampal and Gwen Rampal, into a Punjabi family with a military background, while his maternal grandmother was Dutch. He has a younger sister Komal.
|Arjun Rampal Chilhood photo with mother|
|Arjun Rampal with mother Gwen|
Actress Kim Sharma is Arjun Rampal’s first cousin. Their respective mothers are sisters.
He was married to Mehr Jesia in 1998 and has two daughters, Mahikaa (born on 2002) and Myra (born on 2005). On 28th May, 2018 the couple announced their separation in a joint statement after 20 years of marriage.
|Arjun Rampal with Wife Mehr|
|Arjun Rampal wih Daughters|
He is approximately 6ft 1inches tall and weighs around 85kg. He has a broad 43inches chest and 14inches biceps with 34inches waist. He has brown eyes and black hair.
School & Career
He stayed with his mother after the separation of his parents and attended the St. Patrick School in Devlali, Nashik. He then attended the prestigious Kodaikanal International School for higher studies. He graduated with a degree in economics with honours from Hindu College, Delhi.
He went on Mumbai to become a model. His debut Bollywood film Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat in 2001. His next release was Deewaanapan, with Dia Mirza. Then he appeared in movies like Aankhen, Dil Hai Tumhaara, Dil Ka Rishta, Tehzeeb, Asambhav, etc.
In 2008, Arjun Rampal gave an excellent performance in Rock On!! as Joseph “Joe”. He learned guitar to prepare for his role. His performance was widely acclaimed, earning him the prestigious National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor at the 56th National Film Awards.
In 2016, Arjun Rampal appeared in Rock On!! 2 alongside Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Purab Kohli. His next release was Kahaani 2. His next venture was a biopic on gangster-turned-politician Arun Gawli called Daddy in which he portrayed Arun Gawli and also produced the film. His recent 2018 film is Paltan.
He also appeared in many TV shows. In 2008, he made his television debut as one of the three judges of the dance reality television show Nach Baliye (S-4) on STAR Plus.
- 2002: International Indian Film Academy Awards for Star Debut of the Year – Male for Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat
- 2008: Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for Rock On!!
- 2009: International Indian Film Academy Awards for Best Supporting Actor for Rock On!!, National Film Awards for Best Supporting Actor for Rock On!!
- 2011: Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for Raajneeti, Stardust Awards for Best Supporting Actor for Housefull.
- Earlier, he and Shah Rukh Khan used to be best friends until they had a fight after the film Ra.One; as it was rumoured that Arjun was not happy as his role was edited in SRK’s production film. However, Arjun rubbished the rumours.
- After, Hrithik Roshan and Sussanne Khan separated in 2014, rumours started taking rounds that the reason behind their separation was Arjun.
- Arjun and his wife Mehr were blamed for the poor performance of Indian players at IPL, as they planned and organised IPL after parties after the matches that were one of the reasons for their poor performance.
- In 2012, Ram Gopal Varma had gone to Arjun’s house for script narration, where he said that he hates dogs and kids. After which, Mehr asked him to leave as they have not only a dog but also two daughters.
- Favourite Food: Spaghetti Carbonara, Dhansak, Tandoori Chicken
- Favourite Actor: Amitabh Bachchan, Christian De Sica, Robert De Niro, Brad Pitt..
- Favourite Actresses: Smita Patil, Manisha Koirala, Madhuri Dixit, Scarlett Johansson.
- Favourite Film: Bollywood: Sholay, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Satya .
- Hollywood: Goodfellas, Scarface, Cinema Paradiso.
- Favourite Musician: Jim Morrison
- He loves dogs.
Arjun loves Dogs
- Favourite TV Shows: House of Cards, Game of Thrones..
- Favourite Colour: Black and White
- Favourite Sport: Cricket..
- Favourite Perfume: Creed, Diptique, Jo Malone and Alive.
- Favourite Fashion Designer: Rohit Bal and Tarun Tahiliani.
- Favourite Restaurant; Le Pain Quotidien in Mumbai.
- Favourite Destination: New York.